Sunday, 6 May 2012

Live below the line: Please support us :)

Hey everyone :) So this is my first official blog post for Live Below the Line.  As some of you may have known through reading my LBL profile (https://www.livebelowtheline.com/me/foodfortina), I heard about the scheme from fellow friends who did it last year, and I thought “ok why not, let’s give this a go!”

One week of seemingly innutritious food won’t hurt the HSC will it? :\
So I gathered 2 friends, and together we’re aiming to raise $600, with my individual collection being $200.  At this stage, it’s been about 1.5 wks of collecting money, and I’ve reached 39% of my goal.  I guess it’s because there’s not much awareness about this campaign despite my facebook and school email updates, and it wouldn’t attract as many sponsors around me, because we’re still allowed to eat and drink.  And the credit card online money transfer is not something so popular around majority of the high school population :\.  Most of the money I’ve collected is from offline donations, so I thank you all of you who have sponsored me, whether it was a $2 coin or a $15 donation, thank you so much for believing in me and the trusting the fact that I will actually embark on this $2-a-day food journey, instead of eating the stuff at school, and then pigging out at home.  I have my family, close friends, and myself to witness this, and I actually legitly wanna try this : )

We've set up a group for this LBL challenge - Team SGHS Yr12 2012

So from our grocery shopping trips, me and my friends have bought (with our $30 combined budget)
(Note:  Some of this stuff was on sale.  The rest is either of home-brand quality or price.  Bought from: Coles, Woolworths, Aldi, and an Asian grocery store)
  • Pre pack carrots 1kg – 12 carrots - $0.90
  • Coles select Pasta Sauce 500g x 2 - 1.59 x 2 = $3.18
  • Coles pasta –spirals 500g x 2 - 0.59 x 2 = $1.18
  • Coles pasta spag 500g x 2 - 0.59 x 2 = $1.18
  • Coles pasta sauce 700g x2 = 1.99 x 2 = $3.98
  • Coles Hazelnut Smooth – 400g - $3.39
  • 10 apples (sale) - $2
  • Plus cereal (sale) - $5
  • Coles Oats - $1.20
  • Woolworths 500g tasty cheddar cheese home brand - $3.98
  • Instant noodles 5pk from Aldi - $1
Next week, when we are starting the 5 day LBL challenge, we will buy:
  • Bread (20 slices) - $1.50
  • Milk 1L - $1


and keep it in the common room.  This brings our total expenditure to $29.49.  We split the food, with some of us preferring some food items over others, so I ended up with:
  • 4 carrots
  • Coles select Pasta Sauce 500g
  • Coles pasta spag 500g
  • 4 apples
  • 1/3 of the 500g cheese block
  • 6 slices of bread
  • 2 pks of instant noodles
  • about 400g of the Plus cereal
  • 1/3 of the Coles Hazulnut spread
  • some milk
Some of the stuff I'm gonna eat
Here's a post from a blogger I follow, his name is Bryan aka Fatboo, and he's doing the LBL challenge too!
I'm not a regular and experienced cook or baker, and my initial reaction to the challenge was that I could just eat cereal for a week! But then yes, realising how much I'll miss the daily dose of homely Viet dinner food...and I can't even add salt and pepper to my meals!!

This is my planned food schedule for the week :) Gonna try to get creative with what I got...hahaha apple crumble = apple, caramelised on a pan (not with sugar, i'm just gonna chuck water in to soften it) + dry cereal :)

(Blogpost edited 24/2/13)

2 comments:

  1. All the best, Tina! You've planned your meals pretty well! Mine are more or less the same everyday. :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment below, I really appreciate it!! :)