Wednesday, 18 January 2012

Pancakes at the Rocks

One of the signature places to be when you go to the city.  Too bad for me, I haven't ever been there in my entire life, until quite recently. Located in Harbourside, Darling Harbour, this place offers lovely pancakes, or so I heard from many of my friends.
So some of my friends and I went out for Pancakes one night :)
Some of the dishes we tried were: 
Hot 'n' Troppo
Buttermilk pancakes with grilled banana, walnuts, cream, chocolate ice cream and our home made chocolate sauce.
$11.95
Chocolate Jewels
Original chocolate pancakes with cream and chocolate ice cream, smothered in chocolate sauce.
$10.95
Potato au Gratin
Served with salad. Potato and onion pancakes topped with a tasty cheese melt. Served with grilled banana and pineapple, topped with their original hollandaise sauce and sour cream.
$14.95
Nachos
Crunchy corn chips smothered in Mexican beef sauce, beans, jalopeno peppers and a generous melt of tasty cheese. Topped with sour cream, guacamole, tomato salsa and shallots. (it can also be served vegetarian style)
$12.95
Two of my friends having an awesome time with the Potato au Gratin and my friend in the far right trying out one of Pancakes' pizzas :)
So the thought running through my mind was...it's Pancakes at the Rocks right? So since I haven't ever been here, I should totally have pancakes (for dinner...)!
The pancakes were very nice of course - they were quite thick and soft (kinda like sponge cake but denser), and the icecream and cream and special sauce and etc complemented the dishes well, but man I am never eating a sweet thing for dinner again! It was actually quite filling, seeing that the serving was only 2 pancakes.  They were 2 HUGE pancakes. 
The savoury dishes (potato au gratin and pizza) were commended by the friends of mine who had those dishes, and the nachos was definitely a favourite (the sauce was yummm).

My verdict:
Atmosphere: Lively, considering it's a popular destination, great for birthdays and get-togethers. (10/10)
Pricing: Dinner at $15? That is awesomely cheap! Pancakes have a median price of around $12, pizzas range from $14-18, savoury crepes starting at $14.95, and most starters, snacks and drinks are under $10. (9/10)
Food and Taste: Lots of variety in both sweet and savoury categories.  Catering for breakfast, lunch and diner, and kids meals too :) And as I said earlier, the dishes are filling. Taste is obviously great standard (10/10)
Service: Yes, the male staff member who served us was very nice and friendly, came to us quick to any requests, yes service was good.  And they cater for birthdays too =) (10/10)
Overall = 9.75/10

Pancakes details:
http://pancakesontherocks.com.au/home
Stores: 5 stores available
Trading hours: 7am to around midnight, with "Pancakes at the Rocks" at the Rocks open 24/7

Pancakes on the Rocks on Urbanspoon 
(Blogpost edited 29/12/12)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment below, I really appreciate it!! :)